Changing your mind entails changing your habits from things that may have been destructive to you and your well being – to things that fuel you and energize your life!
I have made the decision to go vegetarian and then transition to veganism. This is something that has been in my spirit since I was a teenager and was introduced to me at that time. From about 16-18 years old – I was a transitioning vegetarian/vegan – that was until I went to college and all heck broke loose in terms of my eating habits! Fried foods, snack foods, you name it…if it was processed in some type of way…I ate it!
But at this point in my life, I am ready to heed what my body is telling me – which is to cut dairy products out of my diet. This has been something that I have been teetering with because I have literally been obsessed with frozen yogurt for quite some time. Under normal circumstances I can eat frozen yogurt at least 3-4 times a week. But now that I have made this lifestyle decision I had been somewhat panicking about what I would do about my fro yo obsession!
I came across this recipe that was shared at www.foodbabe.com and thought I would feature it as our vegan recipe of the week. Check out the goodness below!
This recipe is for homemade coconut milk-based ice cream made just like your old time favorites. Yesterday, I made Pistachio Almond, because that used to be my favorite ice cream at Baskin-Robbins before I figured out all the crazy artificial colors and additives it had… I’ve made this recipe with 2 other flavor profiles recently too, my husband’s favorites – Cookies and Cream and Mint Chocolate Chip. They are both SO GOOD!
You can get really creative with this recipe because it has a common base of ingredients. I hope you have fun with it and report back your delicious results!
Food Babe’s Homemade Coconut Milk Ice Cream (3 Flavors)
Author: Food Babe
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (13.5 ounces)
- 3 frozen bananas or ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- For Almond Pistachio Flavor: 1 and ½ tsp almond extract,1 vanilla bean seeded or 1 tsp vanilla extract,1/2 cup toasted and chopped almonds and pistachios
- For Mint Chocolate Chip Flavor: 2 tsp peppermint extract, ⅓ cup raw cacao nibs or chocolate chips of your choice
- For Cookies & Cream Flavor: 1 tbsp vanilla extract , 10 cocao einkorn cookies broken into pieces or cookie of your choice
- Combine base ingredients in blender and blend until smooth
- Add liquid flavorings (extracts) into blender and blend again
- Pour mixture into ice cream machine and turn on
- Mix for at least 20 mins or until ice cream is formed
- Stir in dry ingredients – i.e. nuts, cookies, etc and serve
- Best served immediately, if stored in freezer, place back into ice cream maker to make smooth and creamy again.
How To Make Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Step 1: Blend coconut milk with sugar of choice (frozen bananas or coconut palm sugar) and extract flavorings in a high-speed blender
Step 2: Pour into (pre-frozen) ice cream machine. The Cuisinart machine makes awesome ice cream…
Step 3: Let the machine work for about 20 mins or so
Step 4: Stir in chopped nuts, cacao nibs or cookies depending on which flavor you are making
Step 5: Store ice cream in freezer in a safe glass container
Step 6: Serve and enjoy!
I’m going to try this with my Vitamix blender myself…but I definitely hope you check it out and enjoy it as well.
My passion is helping people discover their purpose, tap into their passion and create the life that they truly desire.
Whether it is traveling the world, starting a school, or just spending more time with their family - I help people create their ideal realities by changing their mindset and takingmoney as an issue out of the way so that they have true freedom.
Learn more about me at www.jenniferdcarroll.com
Create passive income online at: